Blue light filters and dark mode are important tools to fight eye strain and improve your eye health. These features can together promote good eye health, get rid of headaches and migraines, so you can look forward to surfing the web and enjoy a happy time.
However, blue light filters and dark modes have many more benefits, similarities, and differences. This article talks about blue light filters versus dark mode to examine their unique differences and incredible benefits.
Health benefits of blue light filter for every website
Blue light filter technologies can stop or eliminate a considerable portion of blue light from reaching the eyes. You can easily distinguish blue light because it gives our computers, by default, that bluish tint. This is the most significant benefit of blue light filters. Below are other excellent health benefits of blue light filters.
- Blue light filters support positive melatonin levels so that you can look forward to enjoying a goodnight’s sleep. Too much exposure to blue light rays may contribute to sleeping disorders.
- Blue light filters can also reduce the risks of developing cataracts or age-related macular degeneration.
- Studies show that blue light has been connected with many ailments, including cancer, insomnia, diabetes, and depression. Therefore, limiting exposure can also reduce the risks of developing such illnesses.
- Dry and teary eyes are a side effect of being exposed to too much blue light. Limiting exposure can help alleviate such symptoms.
Health benefits of having dark mode on every website
Although blue light filters and dark mode have many similar benefits, you can still benefit from them individually. Below are the unique health benefits of dark mode for every website:
- Reduces glare: Dark mode transforms stark white screens into a soothing and relaxing black environment. This will help you remain in a positive mood to improve your focus on the work in front of you.
- Alleviates eye strain: Dark mode can help prevent eye strain by blocking out plenty of harsh light. It can also increase contrast and transform all visual elements on the screen, making it easier to enjoy contents without causing pain to the eyes.
- Get rid of headaches and migraines: Although blue light causes headaches and migraines, the harsh, stark white background causes more issues. Therefore, using dark mode help, you look forward to a fuss-free experience.
- Improve vision: Dark mode gets rid of that awful glow, so it becomes easier to focus on the tasks before us.
How to enable dark mode and apply the blue light filter on any website using Night Eye
Not all tools can offer both a blue light filter and dark mode in one package. Thanks to the Night Eye browser extension, you can have both to create a better environment that supports your viewing pleasures.
- At the end of this article, you will find download links to your favorite browser
- Next, tap on that link, and it should take you to your browser extension marketplace.
- Now click on ‘Add,’ and that’s all you need.
- Once installed, the Night Eye browser extension quickly transforms every website you visit. If you wish to reduce the brightness or blue filter, you can always click on the extension at the top of your page and navigate to adjust the brightness, filter, and other critical components until you find what is most suitable for you.
Blue light filter in combination with dark mode
Blue light filters and dark mode tremendous advantages to safeguarding the eyes against harmful rays. However, research has shown that they work best together and can be the optimal approach to soothe the eyes and reduce exposure to blue light. Together, you can look forward to improved vision, maximum focus, and concentration without the hassles of eye fatigue, poor sleep quality, headaches, or migraines.
Install Night Eye
No credit card, no names, nothing is required – install Night Eye on your preferred browser and enjoy it completely for free for 3 months. Subsequently, you can stick with the free Lite version or subscribe for $9 per year. You can see for yourself how this dark mode browser extension can help you fight eye strains.